Best Digital Camera for Low Light Photography-Nikon D7200 Details
24-megapixel APS-C (Advance photosystem type-classic) sensor format Nikon DSLR D7200 is the best digital camera for low light photography. Nikon D7200 release date is 02 Mar 2015. The D7 Series has been extremely popular among professional photographers since its inception. Nikon D-7200 DSLR is more advanced than its predecessor D7100.
Nikon D7200 camera is a flexible DX-format sensor DSLR, that meets the needs of both still photography and video users. It is a high-level DSLR in Nikon’s D series, and can capture the sharpest and exciting photos. An excellent possibility for those, who want to upgrade from an entry-level cam. You can consider Nikon D7200 for professional photography.
- Supports old Nikon AI type non-CPU lenses (Nikon F-mount).
- High-Resolution (1,229k dots) 3.2-inch Fixed LCD
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor (23.5 x 15.6 mm)
- Optical (pentaprism) viewfinder
- 6.0 frames per second (fps) continuous shooting speed
- ISO 100 – 25600 (expansion up to 102400)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Dual SD Card Slots
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Weather-Sealed Body
- Long Battery Life (1,100 shots or 80 minutes video)
Following remarkable developments have been made by Nikon in DSLR 7200 than D7100 Camera
- Upgraded EXPEED 4 image processing unit and DX-format CMOS 24.2-megapixel (MP) image sensor give the perceptible picture quality even in low light situations. The faster processor of the Nikon D7200 camera provides enhanced buffering capacity, which was one important weakness in the previous model.
- Large physical memory storage (data buffer) size capable of the highest frame frequency rate of 6 frames per second (6fps) can store eighteen raw images.
- ISO range is higher than D7100 (25,600). It can be expanded up to BW1 (51,200) and BW2 (102,400) to capture monochromat images even in low light situations. You can extend the reach of Nikkor DX and FX-format lenses. Choose 1.3x crop mode while shooting images or videos to get closer to action, wildlife, and sports, etc.
- Proficient change of new Multi-CAM 3500II DX phase-detection autofocus system. It can be focused even better in very low light outdoor scenes in moonlight, candlelight or equivalent scenes. Earlier Multi-CAM 3500 DX was used in D7100, capable of -2EV (Exposure Value). Whereas DSLR D7200 Nikon is capable of improved performance of focusing down to -3EV which makes it the best digital camera for low light photography.
- Nikon D7200 SLR has improved the max video quality mode (1080 /60fps (reduced by the factor 1.3) to non-interlaced (60p). It adjusts the suitable exposure because of the M mode with Automatic ISO sensitivity check. You can record time-lapse videos and exact audio with the Wind Noise Control System.
- A new picture processing mode named “Flat Picture Control” has been introduced. The original tone reproduction curve (TRC) can be retained. You can postpone tonal adjustment and histograms, for later processing and get the desired quality from RAW data.
- The first time, Nikon offered combined features of Wi-Fi networking and Near Field Communication support in its photography device
Power consumption has been reduced; battery life lets you shoot typical 1110 images or 80 minutes movie recording.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- 24.2MP AA-Filter-Less Sensor
- Full HD Max Video Resolution
- Excellent AF System
- Long Battery Life
- Face Detection Focusing
- Environmental Body Sealing
- Time-Lapse Recording
- 2 SD Storage Slots
- Top LCD Display
- High Shutter Life Expectancy
- Remote Control with a Smartphone
- No Image Stabilization
- Fixed Screen
- No Articulating Screen
- No Touchscreen
- Heavy Body (765g)
- Slow Movie Focusing
- Not Good for Video
Digital single-lens reflex camera D7200 is an admirable DSLR with an APS-C sensor. It is capable of fast processing and continuous shooting even in a low light environment with outstanding color reproduction. A comprehensive range of NIKKOR lenses and compatible accessories is available which makes it more reliable. So, the Nikon D7200 camera is an outstanding option for serious photo takers.